Yesterday I attended a meeting and events industry association networking event. The guest speaker was Andy Lansing, he is the President & CEO of Levy Restaurants. Although I was not aware of him prior to the event, I’ll remember him and his presentation well into the future. He made me laugh and made me think. Which is exactly the outcome you want when hiring a speaker for your event. His topic was about the Top 10 Things he’s thinking about right now, and his list changes frequently. This blog is not about sharing his top 10 things, but rather to say it got me thinking about My Top 10 Things. And since it’s my blog, I’ll write about what I want. (and if perhaps Andy Lansing happens to read this blog post, great job on the presentation, you got me thinking 😊 )
- My Blog – I will write when I am inspired, you won’t get blog posts from me which are forced “just because”. That means there will be gaps of time when there are no stories posted.
- Fundraising – Is challenging, rewarding and humbling. Everyone should donate some of their time and give it a try at least once in their lifetime.
- Meditation – is a year-long habit that has literally changed the way I react to things in my life.
- Growth – I’ll never settle for what I already know, I will challenge myself all the time.
- Exercise – this week I’ve banished this word from my vocabulary and replaced it with “movement”.
- Barking dog – I have one, he’s loud. I’m sorry. (#6 is for my neighbors)
- Kudos and Thank You – I’m learning to give these out freely and without hesitation.
- Guts – Career changes, hard work, dedication, volunteering, networking, doing the next right thing even when you don’t want to. All takes guts; give yourself Kudos and Thanks if you’ve done some of these things!
- Laughter – this word will likely be on my top 10 list 100% of the time.
- Fewer words; more pics – keep practicing using pictures to replace a thousand words in my presentations. (right after this blog post…)
What’s in your top 10?